In a previous blog post, Tips for Growing Your Small Business, I talked about taking advantage of quiet moments by listening to Podcasts and Audiobooks. There is so much you can learn when you take advantage of these amazing tools we have in front of us. I gathered a list of my Top 5 Favorite Podcasts & Top 5 Favorite Audiobooks I think you will love, too.
- Dave Ramsey covers a lot of financial topics including handling debt, planning for retirement, budgeting and saving, insurance, home selling & buying, taxes and more. I love how many different areas his show covers.
- One of the thing I love about listening to The Goal Digger Podcast is host Jenna Kutcher’s candid nature. She uses her platform as a live workshop style business podcast to help redefine success, but she has also opened up about her personal life by sharing her experiences with miscarriage.
- According to hosts Kathleen Shannon and Emily Thompson, Being Boss is owning who you are, knowing what you want, and actually making it happen. They share what it takes to launch your own business and be a boss in work and life. I enjoy the practical business advice and inspiring tips they share every week.
- Amy Porterfield gives us the nitty gritty details on all the aspects of building your business. She brings on tons of really cool guests, including one of my other favorite podcasters Jenna Kushner. Covering topics from Instagram and Pinterest to eliminating money blocks and mega-batching content, Amy shares insider tips in a relatable, understandable format.
- New York Times (and worldwide) bestselling author of Eat Pray Love created a podcast based off her book Big Magic. In the podcast she discusses her own processes and perspectives regarding creativity. Listening to Magic Lessons shows listeners how to face their fears and embrace positive attitudes, methods, and habits to live creative lives.
- I learned so much from this book that I had my team read/listen to it, too. Donald Miller takes us through the simple steps it takes to build a StoryBrand. This book will change the way you look at business and your own brand.
- Award-winning journalist and author Mel Robbins teaches leaders how to overcome self doubt by building habits of confidence and courage in their work and life. She is the most booked female speaker in the world. So many entrepreneurs struggle to believe in themselves. This is a great read/listen for those of you who need some motivation to trust in your dreams and pursue them with passion.
- Charles Duhigg, Pulitzer Prize-winning business reporter, reveals scientific discoveries explaining why habits exist and how they can be changed. He believes and teaches that the key to reaching goals is understanding how habits work. By taking advantage of this knowledge, entrepreneurs can transform their businesses, communities, and lives.
- Amy Poehler’s best seller is a great pick if you’re looking for motivation and laughter. The book is full of stories, poetry, mantras, and advice. This book is less business-focused than most on the list, but is full of inspiration and insights.
- Many people aren’t prepared when they start their entrepreneurial journey and quickly become overwhelmed and confused. Carrie Green shares personal stories, tips and exercises to empower women to take control of their mind, ideas, and businesses by providing practical strategies.
Now get to listening! Make sure to head to the KRose Marketing Facebook Group to discuss your thoughts on what you learned and ask questions you haven’t found the answers to. Check out our Website Cheatsheet if you’re working (or need to be) on your website.